5.20.2013

encounter

shoes: gift; pants: panache; tee: f21; chambray: target
The Weekend of Strange Encounters:

#1 - I was loading Joony up in his car seat when a group of teenage girls wandered up to my car and asked, "Are you driving into town? Can we get a ride?" Um...wait, really?  I mean, I guess if you're going to ask to get in a car with a stranger, a mom with a baby is your best bet.  But COME ON!  What are their parents teaching them?

#2 - Yet another teenage girl knocked on our door at 9:30 in the evening to tell us she was out of toilet paper and ask if we had a roll to give her.  We're 97% sure that one was some kind of dare or scavenger hunt.

#3 - Our door creaked open and my little neighbor friend, clad in pajamas, poked her head in to ask if her mom was here.  That one was actually all cute and not weird at all (her mom and I are good friends).

#4 - I brought a fake cat to church on Sunday for an object lesson with the 10 year old boys we teach.  One of them peeked into my bag before class started, then ran over to his friends and said, "She keeps a dead cat in her bag! She's secretly a witch lady!"

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This post was hilarious! I hope weird things happen when I'm there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha so what I really want to know is: did you let the girls get in the car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah no! I didn't have enough seat belts for them, and I was having visions of kidnapping charges or something if their parents found out. Plus, teenagers are supposed to walk everywhere, right? Haha.

      Delete
    2. Haha that is awesome. I would probably be so shocked I would just say yes...

      Delete
  3. Seriously? Those are hilarious "encounters." I have to say, the dead cat one is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a weird weekend! Who asks someone they don't know for a ride into town?

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!